Conditional formatting automatically takes effect in a cell when the data in the cell satisfy specified criteria. It is any easy way to highlight significant values. You can format a group of values at once. Only the cells that meet the specified criteria appear according to conditional formatting. A cell containing the conditional format but not meeting the criteria appears in normal formatting.
Example of Conditional formatting
Suppose you are tracking accounts receivable and want to display groups of values in different fonts color. You can use conditional formatting to display accounts with a balance more the 1000 in blue. Balance less he or equal to 1000 display in usual black color.
Applying conditional format to cells:
- Click the cell range to which you want to apply a conditional format.
- Click Format > conditional formatting.
- Enter the criteria to apply the special formatting.
- Click Format button on conditional formatting dialog box.
- Select font color, style underlining, borders etc. to be applied conditionally.
- Click OK to close the conditional formatting dialog box.
- Click OK to apply the conditional formatting to the selected cells.
Page setup in Excel:
The page setup is used to set page orientation, margins and header & footer. It is used from page setup option of file menu. The page setup dialog box contains the following.
The page orientation is use to select layout is use of the page for printing. It provides to options of landscape and portrait. The scaling is use to set the size of worksheet on page
The margins tab is use to change the top, bottom, left and right margins of the page.
3. Header /footer
This option is use to add predefined headers and footers to the page.
It contains different options relate to the printing of worksheet. It includes.
- Gridlines of worksheet will not print unless selected from page setup.
- Colors use of worksheet are printed as shades of gray on a black and white printer.
Changing page orientation and paper size:
The paper size should match the paper in the printer to print the worksheet correctly. The page orientation can be changed between portrait (tall and thin) and landscape (short and wide). Landscape is better for large number of columns or very wide columns.
The following procedure is use to change page orientation and paper size.
- Click File > Page setup on the menu bar. Page setup dialog box opens
- Select Page tab from page setup dialog box.
- Select the type of paper from paper size; list box.
- Select Portrait or Landscape from orientation panel.
Changing margins and print alignment:
The following procedure is use to change margins and print alignment so,
- Click File > page setup on the menu bar. Page setup dialog box opens
- Select Margins tab from page setup dialog box.
- Enter he new margin dimensions in the boxes around the example page.
- Click the alignment click tick boxes required from center on page panel.