Find Replace in Excel
Find Replace in Excel The find feature is use to find the information that is not currently visible on screen. And it can use to search the information use in formulas, values and note the replace feature is use to change some information with another in the worksheet.
The following procedure is use to find data:
- Select Edit > Find or press CTRL+F the find box will appear.
- Type the data to be searched in Find what box.
- Click Find next. Ms Excel will go the next occurrence of the data being searche for.
Find and replace data:
The following procedure is use to replace data.
- Click Edit > Replace OR press CTRL+H. the replace box will appear.
- Type the data to use to replace in replace with box. Leave replace with box blank to delete the characters in find what box.
- Click Replace All to replace all occurrences of data OR click Replace to replace one cell one at a time.
- Click close.
Name range is an extremely helpful feature. It is use to assign name to a cell or cell range. The name can use anywhere in place of cell address. It assigns a name to a cell or cell range that can replace a cell address or cell range in expression or functions.
Advantages of names over cell address:
The advantages of name range over cell address are as follows:
- Using cell addresses Names provide several benefits over .
- Names are easier to remember than cell address
- Names provide documentation because the name reveals the purpose of the cell and clarifies formula that contains names.
- Excel treats names in copied formula as though they are absolute cell reference, which is an advantage when you clone a formula that you wan to refer to a fixed location cell.
Creating Range names using Dialog Box:
Select the data to be included in the range..
- Select Name> Define….from insert menu OR press CTRL+F3 .the define name dialog box appears.
- Type desire range name in Name in workbook text box.
- Click OK. The range name will create.
Creating range names using name box:
- Select the cells to be included in the range.
- Highlight the currently appearing range name in name box.
- Type the desired range name.
- Press Enter. The range name is created.
Working with workbooks:
Different tasks relate to the workbooks are as follows:
A new workbook automatically create when Ms Excel starts. The following procedure is use to create a workbook.
- Click File > New. The New workbook task pane appears.
- Choose Blank Workbook under new category. A blank workbook opens. OR
- Click New or on standard toolbar. A new workbook appears.
The process of storing the contents of a workbook on the disk is called saving workbook. The worksheets of the workbook are save with it. A workbook can be saved in the following way.
Saving new workbook:
The following procedure is used to save a new workbook.
- Click File >Save. The save As dialog box will appear.
- Click save in arrow and choose a location to store the workbook.
- Type filename in file name box.
- Click Save to save the workbook.
Saving an Existing workbook:
The following procedure is use to save an existing workbook
- Click File > Save .the workbook will be saved.
- Close the workbook.
Saving to a Different Location or with Different File Name;
Excel saves all file to a default subdirectory my Documents. The file can save with a different name and in a different folder or disk drive. The following procedure is use to save a file at different location or with different name
- Open any save file
- Click File > Save As. The save As dialog box will appear.
- Select any folder in the dialog box.
- Type any file name in name box.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.