Font color, Highlight, Character spacing,
Font color, Highlight, Character spacing:
The use of color can add emphasis to words and makes the document easier to read Font color is use to the color of the text.
Changing the color:
The following procedure is use to change font color:
- Select the text to be formatted.
- Click the downward-pointing arrow of Font color button on the Formatting toolbar. A color palette appears.
- Click the color you want to apply. Word changes text color.
The user can click More colors button at the bottom of color palette to see more color and choose from a list of standard colors or customize a color by clicking Customize tab.
Highlight tool is used to mark and find important text in document. The highlighted appears best on a screen. It can also appear clearly on paper if it is printed with color printer.
The following procedure is use to highlight a part of the document:
- Click the arrow next to highlight button on formatting toolbar.
- Select the text or graphic to highlight.
The following procedure is use to remove highlighting:
- Select the highlighted text.
- Click arrow next to Highlight Button on Formatting toolbar.
- Choose None to remove the highlighting.
The Character Spacing is the distance between Character It can specify in two ways:
Character Spacing It is used to increase or decrease distance between characters.
Kerning It automatically adjusts the distance between characters.
Changing character Spacing
The following procedure is use to change character spacing:
- Select the characters for changing character spacing.
- when Select than Format > font .The Font dialog box will appear.
- Select Character Spacing tab.
- than Select Expanded from Spacing option and type 3 pt in By Box.
- Click OK The Character spacing will apply.
Using Font Dialog Box:
The font dialog box use to apply different formatting on the text. It is an easier and quicker way to apply font. It can use to change font, font style, size, color and many other font effect.
The font dialog box can use as follows:
- Select the text to apply formatting or place the cursor where to start formatting.
- Then Select Format > Font. OR Press Ctrl+ D. Font dialogue box will display.
- Select Font, Font style, Size and font color from drop-down list boxes.
- Select the check Boxes to apply special effects in Effects option.
- Click OK. All Select options will applies.
A user can also access the Font Dialog Box from Font menu on Task Pane.
The following procedure is use to access Font Dialog Box on Task Pane:
- Click Format > Reveal Formatting. The Reveal Formatting task pane appear.
- Then the blue link Font: under Font heading. The font dialog box appears.
- The desire font select from Font list.
- Select the desire size from Font size list.
- The desire font style from Font style list.
- Click OK. all select options will apply.
The normal underline style is single and Continuous. You can also choose several types of under line style from the font dialog box.
Select any text and click Format > Font. The Font dialog Box will appear.
Select a Style from the under line style box.
Close the font dialog box.