Managing Worksheets: A workbook can restructure by adding, copying, moving or deleting up to 255 worksheet. The name of sheet and color of sheet tab can be change to identify it easily.
Changing the number of Default worksheets:
The following procedure is sued to change the number of default sheets
- Select Tools > Options.
- Click on General tab.
- Change the number for sheets in new workbook .
- Choose OK.
The worksheets are name Sheet1,Sheet2 and Sheet 3 by default. The user can save the worksheet with any name. the name may consist of 31 characters. A worksheet can be renamed at any time. The following procedure is used to rename a worksheet.
- Double-click on the sheet tab.
- Type the new name.
- Press Enter.
- Right click on the sheet tab and choose rename.
- Type the new name.
- Press enter.
The following procedure is use to insert a sheet:
- Select the sheet tab before which you want to insert sheet.
- Select insert > worksheet. OR
- Right click on sheet tab.
- Choose insert. This brings up the insert dialog box.
- Select worksheet and choose OK.
Inserting column or Row:
- Select the column or row where new rows are to be inserte.
- Right click the selection and select insert. Or Press CRTL+ +. OR
- Select insert > columns or rows.
Deleting Column or Row:
- Select the column or row to delete.
- Right click the selection and select Delete or press CRTL+-. OR
- Select Edit > Delete.
Inserting or deleting selected Cells:
and If a set of cells is selected, insert or deleted option display the following dialog boxes .
The options are use to choose for inserting or deleting only the selecte cell by shifting the existing cells or to insert /delete whole column /rows.
- Select an option.
- Click OK.
Moving and Copying Sheets:
The following procedure is use to move sheet
- Select the sheet.
- Drag the sheet to the new location
Just press and hold CRTL key while dragging the sheet to a new location. This option copies rather than moves the sheet.
Using Move or Copy Dialog Box:
The following procedure is used to copy or move sheet using dialog box:
- Select the sheet tab for the sheet to be moved or copied.
- Select Edit > Move or Copy sheet. Or Right click on the sheet tab and choose Move or Copy. The Move or Copy dialog box appears.
Open workbooks are liste to book field. You can copy or move it to a different workbook. The new book is used to create a new workbook with selected sheet inserted.