Ms Word insets an automatic page break when the page is fill with text or graphics. The page break automatically insert ms word is call soft page break. The page break insert by the user is call hard page break hard pages breaks are identifies by the words Page Break on dot line. Page break lines are always visible in normal view. Soft page breaks show a plain dote line when text reaches the margin.
Inserting Hard page break
The following procedure is use to insert a hard page break:
- Position the insertion point on a blank line or at the place in the text where the new page should begin.
- Select insert > break. A dialog box will appear.
- Select page break and click OK. The page break will be insert.
Deleting hard page break:
- Select the page break marker and press Delete.
Section break is use to organize document in different sections and apply particular, formatting to different t parts of the document. A section refers to those pages in the document that have the same number of columns and share a common margin, heard and footer and have the numbers in sequence.
There are four types of section breaks.
Next page: It inserts a section break at the point where the cursor appears and starts the new section in the next page.
Continuous: A section break is insert at cursor position and new section starts immediately below it. It does not insert a page break.
Even page: A section break is insert at cursor position and new section starts on the next even number page.
Odd page: A section break is insert at cursor position and new section starts the next odd number page.
The following procedure is use to insert a section break:
- Place the insertion point at the desired section break location.
- From the insert menu. Choose break. The break dialog box displays as shown below.
- Select the required option from section break types option.
- Choose OK.
Deleting section break
The following procedure is used to delete a section break.
- In normal view, select the section break by clicking on it.
- Press the delete key.
Ms Word provides the facility to insert page numbers automatically rather than manually. The following procedure Is use to insert page numbers in a document.
- Select insert > page numbers from menu bar. Following dialog box will appear.
- Select the position of the page numbers from position drop-down menu.
|Header||Places the page number in the header at the top of each page.|
|Footer||Places the page number in the footer at the bottom of each page|
|Alignment||Alignment options include|
|Left||All page numbers are aligned with the left margin.|
|Right||All page numbers are aligned with the right margin.|
|Center||All page numbers are centered between the margins.|
|Inside||Page numbers are placed on the inside margin of facing odd and even pages|
|Outside||Page numbers are placed on the outside of facing odd and even pages|
- Select the alignment of the page numbers in alignment drop-down menu.
- If you do not want the page number to show o first page, uncheck show numbers of first page box.
- Click OK.