The Positions of the Adverb
The Positions of the Adverb:
There are 6 point for understanding the position of adverb.
1. if an adverb modifies an in-transitive verb, it is placed after the verb.
فعل کی وضاحت کرےیا ہیئت کے بارے میں بتائے(Intransitive verb) کسی غیر متعدیAdverbاگر
کے بعد لگاتے ہیں verbتو اسے
- He worded efficiently.
- It rained heavily.
- The stars shine brightly.
- He wept bitterly.
2. If an adverb explains or modifies a transitive verb, it is place before the verb or after the object of verb.
فعل کی وضاحت کرے یا ہیئت کے بارے میں بتائے(transitive verb)کسی فعل متعدی Adverbاگر
کےپہلے یا مفعول کے بعد لگاتے ہیں verbتو اسے
- He safely drove the car.
- They finely complete the work.
- He met me happily.
- We helped them lavishly.
3. If an adverb modifies a whole sentence or clause, it is usually use in very beginning or starting of a sentence.
- unfortunately we did not pass the exams.
- Kindly do this for me.
- Luckily they won the match.
4. Adverbs of frequency are mostly place between the subject and verb. They are term as mid position adverbs. As the following examples show:
|Mr.Ali||Seldom||Comes||In our house.|
5. If an adverb modifies or explains an adjective, it is place before it.
کی ترمیم یا وضاحت کرئے تو یہ اس سے پہلے استعمال ہوتا ہے۔adjectiveایک adverbاگر ایک
- You are a very lucky boy.
- She is entirely wrong.
- These wholes are too wide.
- These are fairly spacious rooms.
6. If an adverb modifies another adverb, it is also place before it.
کی ترمیم یا وضاحت کرئے تو یہ اس سے پہلے استعمال ہوتا ہے۔Adverbsکسی دوسرے adverbاگر ایک
- He seems father fine.
- She runs very fast.
- These cages are too heavy.
- He is quite well now
Confusion about adverbs and adjectives:
As we know that adjectives and adverbs are the modifiers. as both function to make the meaning or sense of other words clearer or exact. Here it is worthy to note that the adjectives are the modifiers of nouns or pronouns while adverbs are the modifiers of adjectives,verbs or other adverbs. Though adverbs often end in _____ ”ly” yet many of the most common adverbs do not end in ____”ly”as almost ,too often, then, here, etc. To avoid the confusion, identity them by their functions performed in a sentence.
|His left hand||Turn left|
|A better bike||My friend works better|
|A fast car||Car runs fast|
|A loud speaker||He speaks loud|
|Wear a clean shirt||Keep the room clean|