Undo and Redo & Selection in Excel
Undo and Redo:
Undo and Redo in Excel: The process of canceling the effect of an action is known undo. The process of canceling the effect of undone action is called redo. Ms Excel allows you to undo previous action(s).If you make a mistake, you can undo it and start again rather than trying to correct the mistake.
Undoing the lasts action:
The following procedure is use to undo the last action:
- Click Undo on Standard toolbar. Or
- Select Edit> Undo. OR
- Press CTRL+Z
Undoing the Previous action:
The following procedure is use to undo previous many actions.
- Click the arrow on undo button to display previous edits. The undo menu appears.
- Select the actions to undo from the scroll-able list.
Redo and Repeat Edits:
Redo button stores all edits that have been undone. Its is used to reverse undo actions.
Redoing the Last action:
The following procedure is use to Redo the last action.
- Click Redo on Standard toolbar. OR
- Select Edit > Y. OR
- Press CTRL+Y .
Redoing previous Actions:
The following procedure is use to redo previous many actions.
- Click the arrow on Redo button to display a list of undone edits.
- Select the actions to redo from the scroll-able list.
Selection in Excel:
Selection is one of the most important action in Excel. The cells are select before entering, copying, deleting data and applying formatting. Selection can perform with mouse or keyboard. When using the mouse the normal sheet pointer + must be used.
Selecting a cell:
- Click on the cell to select.
So The cell appears white with a black border around it The fill handle (cross) is in the bottom right corner of the border.
Selecting a Group of Adjacent cells:
A group of adjacent cells can select by using mouse or keyboard.
- Click on the first cell to be select and drag the mouse to the last cell to select.
- Click on first cell to be selected.
- Hold down SHIFT key and click on the last cell to be selected.
Active cell is the first cell selected. A black border appears around all selected cells.
Selecting a group of Non-adjacent cells:
A non contiguous or non adjacent selection is a selection that consists of cells that do not touch each other. The following procedure is used to select a group of non adjacent cells.
- Select the first cell
- Hold CTRL key and select the net cell
- Repeat for all cells to be selected
Selecting whole columns or whole rows:
The following procedure is use to select whole column or whole row
- Click on the column or row heading to select. OR
- Click-and drag across several headings to select adjacent columns or rows. Or
- click on first heading, hold CTRL key and click on other headings to select non-adjacent columns or rows.
Selecting Entire Sheet:
The following procedure is use to select entire worksheet:
- Click select All button above row 1 or Press CTRL +A.
- Every cell on sheet is selects The active cell is A1.
Clearing the highlighted selection:
- Click on any cell with the mouse. OR
- Pres an arrow key on the keyboard.
The following procedure is use to delete a worksheet:
- Right click on the sheet tab and choose Delete. OR
- Select the sheet tab and select Edit > Delete Sheet.