Undo & Redo & Inserting a Special Character.
Undo and Redo:
The process of canceling the effect of an action is called undo. The process of canceling affect of undone action is called redo. Ms Word allows you to undo previous action. If you make a mistake, you can undo it and start again rater than trying to correct the mistake .
Undoing the last Action.
The following procedure is use to undo the last action.
- Click Undo on standard toolbar. OR
- Select Undo from Edit menu. OR
- Press Ctrl+Z
Undoing the previous actions:
The following procedure is use to undo the last many actions:
- Click the arrow on Undo button to display a list of previous Actions. The Undo menu is display.
- Select the all action you want to undo form the scroll abel list.
Redo and Repeat Edits
The Redo Button stores all of the edits you have just undone. Yo can also reverse your undo action using Redo option.
Redoing the Last Action
The following procedure is use to redo the last action
- Click Redo on Standard toolbar. OR
- Select Redo form Edit menu. OR
- Press Ctrl+Y
Redoing Previous actions:
The flowing procedure is use to undo the last many actions.
- Click the arrow on Redo button to display a list of edits you have undone.
- Select the all action you want to Redo form the scrollabel list.
Symbols and special Characters”
Ma word provides the facility to enter several characters and symbols. The symbols include bullets, foreign characters, mathematical symbols curly quotes etc.
Insetting a symbol
The following procedure is use to insert symbol in the document
- Click where you want insert the symbol.
- Click symbol from menu. The symbol dialog box is display.
- Click symbols tab if not already display.
- Select any symbol to insert.
- Click insert. The symbol will be inserted in he document.
- Click close button to close the dialog box.
Insetting a special Character:
Special characters can easily be inserted in the document such as ( copyright), (registered ) and Tm (trademark) The following procedure is used to insert a special character.
- Click where you want to insert the character.
- symbol Select from insert menu
- Select the special Characters tab.
- The character Select you want and click insert.
- another character Select to insert if you wish or click close.
Assigning Shortcut key to a symbol
A shortcut key can be assigned to a symbol. The user can press the specified shortcut key to insert a symbol inserted of going through the menu option. The following procedure is used to assign a shortcut key to a symbol
- Click Symbol from Insert menu.
- Click symbols or special Characters tab.
- Press any key combination in press new shortcut key box.
- Click Assign. The shortcut key will b assigned to the selected symbol.
- Click close.