Auto shapes Word Art, Hyperlinks
Ms Word also provides basic shapes like rectangle and circle to insert in the document. These are known as auto shapes. These shapes are available in drawing toolbar. The auto Shapes toolbar on drawing toolbar is used to draw different geometrical shapes like arrows, flow chart symbols, stars and banners etc.
The auto shapes are made up of the following categories:
- Basic shapes
- Block arrows
- Flow chart
- Stars and banners
The procedure to insert an Auto shape in a document is as follows:
- Click View > Toolbar’s > Drawing from menu bar to display Drawing toolbar.
- Click Auto shapes on drawing toolbar. It displays different option for Auto shapes.
- Select any auto shape to insert in the document. The cursor will change to + .
- Drag the mouse to draw the selected auto shape. OR
- Click Insert > Pictures > Auto shapes. a small auto shapes toolbar appears.
- Click on the various options. A list of auto shapes appears.
- Choose the desired option.
- Right click on auto shape and choose Format auto shape to format an Auto shape. A dialog box appears with various formatting options.
Word art is use to create stylish text in a variety of shapes. It provides the facility of stretching, coloring and shading text. It converts text into graphics. Word art image is similar to other graphics in the document .it can be resized, moved, copied etc.
Inserting word art;
The following procedure is use to add word art in the document:
- Click Insert > picture > word Art OR click Word Art button in drawing toolbar.
- The Word Art Gallery will appear. Click on any style from Word Art Gallery.
- Click OK. The Edit Word Art Text dialog box will appear.
- Type any text in the box and click OK. The word Art will appear in the document.
Editing Word Art
The following procedure is use to edit a word Art:
- Select the Word Art in document. The word Art toolbar will appear automatically.
- Click on Edit Text….. option on toolbar. Edit Word Art Text dialog box will appear.
- Change the text in the box and click OK. The Word Art will edit.
A hyperlink is a link to information within a document or in another document. MS word provides the facility of creating hyperlink. A hyperlink includes the path information to another object. The object can be a target on the same document, a file on the same computer or a uniform resource locator, the process is exactly the same in all cases. A link may consist of simple text as well as an image. The link is also known as hyperlink. A hyperlink that consists of any text is called hypertext .hyperlinks can be very easily identified by following properties:
- They are normally underlined.
- Color of hyperlinks is normally different from normal text.
- When mouse pointer moves to a hyperlink, pointer changes t a pointing hand.
Create a Hyperlink to a document of computer:
- Open a new document in Ms word.
- Type ‘’click Here’’ and select it.
- Click Insert > Hyperlink. The insert Hyperlink dialog box will appear.
- Click on existing file or web page in the left pane.
- Select any file from the disk using the right side of dialog box.
- Select OK. The hyperlink will be created.
- Click the hyperlink to open the linked file.
Create a hyperlink to a web site;
- Open a new document in Ms word.
- Type ‘’Hubofstudy.com’’ and select it.
- Click Insert > Hyperlink. The insert hyperlink dialog box will appear.
- Type ‘’http:// www.hubofstudy.com in address text box.
- Select OK. The hyperlink will create.
- Click the hyperlink to open the website in the browser.