Typing and Moving within Table
Typing and Moving within Table:
You can press Tab to go to the next cell and Shift +Tab to go the previous cell. A new row will be inserted if you press Tab key in the last cell.
There are commands on Table menu that only appear if you selected a column for example. inset column and delete columns only appear in Table menu if there is column already selected .
|General Movement||Use the arrow key to move up, down, left or right.|
|Move to next cell||Tab|
|Move to previous cell||Shift +Tab|
|Move to end of row||Alt +end|
|Move to top of the column||Alt +page up|
|Move to bottom of the column||Alt +page down|
Selecting a single cell:
The following procedure is use to select a single cell.
- Move the mouse pointer to left side of any cell between the text and the cell border.
- When the mouse pointer turns into a white arrow and turns towards the text line. click once to select the cell. OR
- Click the cell to be selected.
- Press Shift + End.
Selecting a Row:
The following procedure is use to select a row:
- Move the mouse pointer to the Left side of a row outside table border.
- When the mouse pointer turns into a white arrow and turns towards the row ,click once to select the row. OR
- Choose Table > Select > Row from menu bar. Continue to drag the mouse over the other rows to select multiple rows.
Selecting a Column:
The following procedure is use to select a column:
- Point to the top of any column above the first border or gird line of the table. A small, black down-arrow appears.
- Click one to select the column. OR
- Hold down Alt key and click once into any cell of the column to be selected. The entire column will select. OR
- Choose Table > Select Column from menu bar.
- Drag the mouse over the other columns to select multiple columns.
Select the Entire Table:
The following procedure is use to select entire table:
- Hold down Alt key and double click a column. The entire table will select.OR
- Choose Table > select Table. OR
- Drag the mouse over all of the columns and rows of the table:
The data store in a table may mot fit into the cells properly. You can resize the width and the height of the cells.
The following procedure is use to resize columns:
- Place the mouse pointer over the column divider line to the right of the columns to be resized. The insertion point will change a double-headed arrow. A dot line will appear across the column:
- Click and drag to the left to decrease the column width. OR click and drag to the right to increase the column width.
If you double click when the double headed arrow appears, word will automatically adjust the column width to accommodate the widest entry in the column.
The following procedure is use to resize rows:
- Place mouse pointer over border or grid line that separates one row from another.
- click and drag to decrease the row height or drag down to increase the row height. if you don’t line the result, press Ctrl+ z OR
- click on undo button on standard toolbar.